Terms & Conditions (Badee)
Being a Badee (Local Guide) can be a great career option for people who love to travel, enjoy being in front of a crowd, and are masters of multitasking. Become a Badee is one-of-a-kind activities that tell the story of the Badee’s unique perspective and passion. To help ensure all Badee meet the community’s expectations, they must meet the standards below before guests can book.
These standards can also help you earn great reviews. You can see how you’re doing by checking ratings and feedback from your guests. Keep in mind that if you consistently receive low ratings or there are other indications that you do not meet these standards, your experience may be temporarily deactivated or removed from the platform.
1. Hosting standards and guidelines
Experience Badee enthusiastically shares their passion and deep knowledge with the world. They’re excited to showcase their knowledge in front of their guests and go out of their way to create meaningful, memorable moments.
- Commitment to reservations. Once a reservation is confirmed, guests trust Badee to take care of their needs. Canceling or altering experience can be disruptive to guests. Badee are expected to keep the description and availability of their experience up-to-date.
- Communication. Successful Badee are attentive and considerate when communicating with guests, quickly responding when a guest reaches out. Open, clear, and consistent communication let a guest know what to expect and helps them feel comfortable with their host.
- Respect. Great Badee make each guest feel included and welcomed in the group. They understand their guests may come from different places, speak different languages and have different cultural perspectives. They treat all guests with respect.
2. Badee standards and guidelines
Badee offers guests something that guidebooks or internet searches can’t. They’re interactive and personal, creating opportunities for guests to gain new knowledge and a different viewpoint.
- Participation. Badee provides opportunities for guests to meaningfully engage in activities or conversations by fully taking part in the experience, not just observing it.
- Value. You have control over how you price your experience, but it’s important to set a price that balances expectations with what your experience has to offer. After attending an experience, guests should feel satisfied with the amount of time and money they’ve spent. Based on the price of experience, guests should be able to anticipate the level of service and exclusivity they’ll encounter.
- Perspective. Experiences tell the host’s story so guests become fully immersed in their world. Throughout the experience, Badee creates moments that help guests gain a deeper understanding of the host’s background and viewpoint.
- Accuracy. Based on the host’s description of the experience in their listing, guests know what to expect. This includes who’s hosting, the location, what’s provided, how long the experience is, and what guests will do. Only guests who book through Hombadee can attend an experience.
- Credibility. Badee are passionate about the experience's theme and can demonstrate a deep knowledge of the subject or a skilled mastery of the activity.
- Access. Badee shares their insider knowledge with guests and give them behind-the-scenes access to people, places, or activities that guests couldn't find on their own.
Tips for becoming a great Badee
In addition to our Badee standards and guidelines, here are a few tips on hosting a memorable experience for guests.
- Empathy. Successful Badee anticipates their guests’ needs. Great Badee make each guest feel included and at ease, facilitating conversation and encouraging participation. They think of their guests as new friends rather than guest.
- Resourcefulness. Successful Badee are able to think on their feet to accommodate unforeseen situations, and can adapt their experience if needed. If a problem arises, Badee do their best to come up with a solution.
- Narrative. Successful Badee think through and design the guest’s journey, from the moment they receive a reservation to all the way through the end of the experience.
3. Badee Conduct
Badee(s) is required to follow and apply all the statements below:
- Badees have to obey all kinds of laws, and the standard code of ethics.
- Badee shall obey Hombadee policy, agreements and work ethic.
- All Badees are responsible for making the decision whether or not they agree to a service request from the guest (travelers). Hombadee shall only notify the Badee about the service request. Any decision regarding the approval of the service of the request, trip plan, service fee and other kinds of agreements is independently decided by the Badee themselves.
- Hombadee shall not force the Badee to make any decision that harms Badees’ independence.
- Badee shall meet the guest (travelers) face to face on time and place and follow up to the agreement stated before during the booking process.
- Badee shall provide advice, guidance, and introduction to local law, culture, ethic to the guest (travelers), if needed;
- Badee shall not cancel their arrangement with the guest (travelers). In case, if this kind of action happens inevitably, the Badee shall inform Hombadee management team immediately.
- Badee shall work hard, be honest and be friendly with the guest (travelers).
- Hombadee shall not be responsible for the misconduct of the Badee, once their mission or work with the Hombadee.com is finished.
- Hombadee shall review and evaluate the work of each Badee to make sure that all Badees always meet company and service standard.
- In order to protect and support communication(s) between the guest (travelers) and Badee(s), both parties are strictly required not to share a phone number, email address, links, other contact addresses and use outside communication(s) that are against our terms and conditions of Hombadee.com.
- We reserve the right to terminate Badee’s member account, in case Badee(s) do not comply with our terms and conditions.
We charge Badee a service fee (including taxes, if applicable) every time a booking is completed. The amount of the Badee service fee is generally 8%. The Badee service fee is calculated from the booking subtotal (before fees and taxes) and is automatically deducted from the payout to the Badee.
Badee cancellations are not welcome and will lead to penalty charges. We charge Badee a penalty fee (including taxes, if applicable) every time a booking is completed. The amount of the Badee penalty fee is 30%. The Badee penalty fee is calculated from the booking subtotal (before fees and taxes) and is automatically deducted from Badee earning balance.
30% + Paypal Fee (If Any)
If any cancellation done by guest (travelers) we will be refunded as shown on the table below:
3 Days Before
7 Days Before
14 Days & Above
Before Events date
Note : The refund will be credited to the guest’s account.
It is Badee's responsibilities to keep update Booking Calendar on a daily basis. Any mistake or last-minute cancellation is subject to penalties and Hombadee has rights to suspend Badee's accounts from the future bookings.
5. Calendar Management
6. Payments SettlementAll the payments collected from the guest will be transferred to Badee's registered accounts (Paypal/Bank Account) seven (7) days from the completed date. It is Badee's responsibilities to ensure all the information given are correct and valid. Hombadee not responsible for any delay or missing payment due to the negligence of Badee.
7. Transportation &Safety
If Badee provides transportation to guest (travelers); it is Badee's responsibilities to ensure the transport are in running conditions and obey all kinds of local laws and safety. It is Badee's responsibilities to pay any compound or summons charged against Badee due to invalid documentation.
8. Profile Photo &Images
We encourage the Badee to publish own photo as profile photos and few collection photos related to your local guide experiences and location. If in any case Hombadee receives any report or complain regarding profile images Hombadee reserve rights to immediately suspend your listing accounts from future bookings. Any images uploaded by Badee contains guest images kindly obtain written consent from your guest before uploading to Hombadee website. Hombadee reserve the rights to use/publish any images uploaded on Hombadee platform for the advertising purpose.
9. Content Rules (Posted by Badee)
You warrant and represent that your content will comply with these terms and conditions. Your content (posted by Badee) must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
Your content (posted by Badees), and the use of the content on Hombadee in accordance with these terms and conditions, must not:
- Be libelous or maliciously false;
- Be obscene or indecent;
- Infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trademark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property rights;
- Infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation;
- Constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
- Constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity;
- Be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- Be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- Be blasphemous;
- Be in breach of official secrets legislation;
- Be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
- Depict violence, in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner;
- Be pornographic, lewd, suggestive or sexually explicit;
- Be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading;
- Consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage;
- Constitute spam;
- Be offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; or
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person.
- Anyway, Hombadee reserve right not to be accountable for any content(s)posted by Badees.
10. Reporting Violations
If we found that users violated these terms and conditions in any way, Hombadee will send you one or more formal warnings or temporarily suspend your access to Hombadee.com, or, if it is the serious case it shall lead to commence legal action against you, or suspend or delete your account on Hombadee.
Hombadee may revise these terms and conditions from time to time. The revised terms and conditions shall apply to the use of Hombadee from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on the website. Hombadee will give you written notice of any revision of these terms and conditions, and the revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of Hombadee from the revised date; if you do not agree to the revised terms and conditions, you have the right to stop using www.hombadee.com / services. All terms and condition will be in the English Version.