Terms & Conditions (Host)
Being a Host can be a great experience for people who have passion providing hospitality to guest while renting available space. To help ensure all Host meet the community’s expectations, they must meet the standards below before guests can book.
These standards can help you earn great reviews for providing excellent and dependable hospitality. You can see how you’re doing by checking ratings and feedback from your guests. When you go to your dashboard, you’ll see the ratings you’ve received for communication, check-in, accuracy, cleanliness, and overall experience. You’ll also see your response rate on your dashboard. And by frequently checking your calendar, you can maintain updated availability.
1. Hosting standards and guidelines
Experience Host enthusiastically share their passion and deep knowledge with the world. They’re excited to showcase their knowledge in front of their guests and go out of their way to create meaningful, memorable moments.
- Commitment to reservations. Once a reservation is confirmed, guests trust Host to take care of their needs. Cancelling or altering an experience can be disruptive to guests. Host are expected to keep the description and availability of their experience up-to-date.
- Communication. Successful Host are attentive and considerate when communicating with guests, quickly responding when a guest reaches out. Open, clear, and consistent communication lets a guest know what to expect and helps them feel comfortable with their host.
- Respect. Great Host make each guest feel included and welcomed in the group. They understand their guests may come from different places, speak different languages and have different cultural perspectives. They treat all guests with respect.
2. Host standards and guidelines
Host offer guests something that guidebooks or internet searches can’t. They’re interactive and personal, creating opportunities for guests to gain new knowledge and a different viewpoint.
- Participation. Host provide opportunities for guests to meaningfully engage in activities or conversations by fully taking part in the experience, not just observing it.
- Value. You have control over how you price your experience, but it’s important to set a price that balances expectations with what your experience has to offer. After attending an experience, guests should feel satisfied with the amount of time and money they’ve spent. Based on the price of an experience, guests should be able to anticipate the level of service and exclusivity they’ll encounter.
- Perspective. Experiences tell the host’s story so guests become fully immersed in their world. Throughout the experience, Host create moments that help guests gain a deeper understanding of the host’s background and viewpoint.
- Accuracy. Based on the host’s description of the experience in their listing, guests know what to expect. This includes who’s hosting, the location, what’s provided, how long the experience is, and what guests will do. Only guests who book through Hombadee can attend an experience.
- Credibility. Host are passionate about the experience's theme and can demonstrate a deep knowledge of the subject or a skilled mastery of the activity.
- Access. Host share their insider knowledge with guests and give them behind-the-scenes access to people, places, or activities that guests couldn't find on their own.
Tips for become a great Host
In addition to our Host standards and guidelines, here are a few tips on hosting a memorable experience for guests.
- Empathy. Successful Host anticipate their guests’ needs. Great Host make each guest feel included and at ease, facilitating conversation and encouraging participation. They think of their guests as new friends rather than guest.
- Resourcefulness. Successful Host are able to think on their feet to accommodate unforeseen situations, and can adapt their experience if needed. If a problem arises, Host do their best to come up with a solution.
- Narrative. Successful Host think through and design the guest journey, from the moment they receive a reservation to all the way through the end of the experience.
3. Host Conduct
Every time a guest reaches out - whether you have a reservation with them or not - responding quickly shows that you’re an attentive and considerate host.
How frequently and quickly you respond to reservation requests and booking inquiries is measured by your response rate.
- Respond to booking inquiries and reservation requests within 24 hours to maintain your response rate
- If your listing isn’t available or a traveler can’t comply with the House Rules you set, be sure to decline the reservation request promptly
- Supporting your guests
- Whether or not you’re staying in the space with your guests, it’s important to remain available throughout their stay. Your guests will have the opportunity to rate the clarity and consistency of your communication. The average of the ratings you receive appears on your listing page.
- If you confirm a reservation and something about your listing changes, tell your guest in advance
- If you won’t be greeting your guests when they arrive, you can send them a message at their check-in time to make sure everything went smoothly
- If you won’t be in the area during their stay, you can give your guests a local point of contact
KEEP IN MIND
If your response rate gets too low, your search placement may be impacted and you may face certain penalties, including having your listing temporarily deactivated. This ensures that travelers aren’t at risk of contacting you and being ignored.
We charge hosts a service fee (including taxes, if applicable) every time a booking is completed. The amount of the host service fee is generally 8%. The host service fee is calculated from the booking subtotal (before fees and taxes) and is automatically deducted from the payout to the Host.
Host cancellations are not welcome and will cost penalty charges. We charge hosts a penalty fee (including taxes, if applicable) every time a booking is completed. The amount of the host penalty fee is 30%. The host penalty fee is calculated from the booking subtotal (before fees and taxes) and is automatically deducted from Host earning balance or from the next booking subtotal.
30% + Paypal Fee (If Any)
If any cancellation done by guest we will be refund as shown on the table below:
3 Days Before
7 Days Before
14 Days & Above
Before Events date
Note : The refund will be credited to the guest’s account.
5. Calendar Management
6. Last Minute Deals
7. Payments Settlement
8. Commitment to Reservations
10. Profile Photo & Images
11. Content Rules (Posted by Hosts)
- Be libellous or maliciously false;
- Be obscene or indecent;
- Infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
- Infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation;
- Constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
- Constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity;
- Be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- Be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- Be blasphemous;
- Be in breach of official secrets legislation;
- Be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
- Depict violence, in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner;
- Be pornographic, lewd, suggestive or sexually explicit;
- Be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading;
- Consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage;
- Constitute spam;
- Be offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; or
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person.
13. Overall Experience
- 25 or fewer rooms in entire property
- Guest rooms with personal touches that are individually unique in design
- Guest rooms and common spaces that incorporate local influences
- Unique design characteristics which set the property apart from others
- We also look for hosts who provide personal hospitality to guests by offering things like:
- Locally relevant or unique amenities (ex: Local food or beverage, unique features)
- Local maps with personalized recommendations (ex: Not a local tourist bureau map with ads)
- Local tours (ex: Neighborhood walking tours)
- An owner or manager that is available on property full-time
- Our standards for personal hospitality and unique spaces help ensure that we’re meeting guest’s expectations for the type of listings they want to find on Hombadee.